To set up the Advanced Shipment Tracking plugin, on your WordPress admin go to:
WooCommerce > Shipment Tracking
Add Tracking Options
- Display SKU when adding tracking to orders – display the order items image to the add tracking Lightbox
- Display the product image when adding tracking to orders – display the order items image to the add tracking Lightbox
- Set the “mark as shipped” option checked when adding tracking info to orders – this will checked the “mark as shipped” checkbox when add tracking to orders
- Enable Shipping Providers Auto-detection (Beta) – this will allow to auto-detect the shipping providers when adding the tracking numbers to orders.
- Enable Legacy add tracking panel when editing orders – this will disable the Lightbox add tracking model and will enable the standard add tracking panel in the edit order admin.
- Display Add Tracking icon in the Order Actions menu – choose on which Order status to display Add Tracking icon in the Order Actions menu.
- Display tracking information on order emails – choose on which order status email you would like to display the tracking information. We will also detect Custom Orders Statuses that are set on the store.
- Display Track Button on Orders History – This option will display the Track action button on the WooCommerce account area on the orders history list endpoint.
- Open the tracking link in a new tab – You can set the button link to track the shipments on the shipping provider website to open in a new tab (target_blank). In case that you added multiple tracking numbers to the order, the tracking link will direct the customers to the View Order Page.
Shipped order status email notification:
My account > Orders – track order (actions column):
My account > Orders > View Order display:
Shipment Tracking API
API Date Format – choose the date format that you use when updating the shipment tracking API endpoint from external sources.
AutoComplete Tracking Per Item orders – choose this option to automatically change the order status to Shipped when updating shipment tracking from the API or importing from CSV files.
Please note: If you use the API to import the tracking information from external services such as warehouse, shipping service or drop-shipping, you can check the Autocomplete option in the AST PRO settings. You can use the Partial Shipped when you update your orders from the API or CSV and once all the items for the order have been shipped, we will automatically set the order status to Completed (Shipped) and skip the Partially Shipped status and email.
Custom Order Statuses
WooCommerce Orders flow provides just a basic fulfilment workflow, once order is paid it gets the Processing status and when you ship the order, you change the status to Completed and the order email is sent to the customer. Te definition of the Completed order status by WooCommerce is that the order is fulfilled and no further action is required.
WooCommerce Fulfillment Workflow:
Advanced Shipment Tracking allows you to enable custom order statuses to organize the WooCommerce orders flow and to automate the fulfillment workflow.
AST PRO Fulfillment Workflow:
- Rename the “Completed” Order status to “Shipped” – The Completed order Status in WooCommerce means that the order is fulfilled and no further action is required. But when you ship your orders, this order status means that the order is shipped and we allow you ro rename the Completed order status to Shipped. The rename to Shipped option will change the order status label only for display purposes in your store admin, AST does not change the order status slug (completed) and its compatible with any other plugin or custom code that use the Completed order status.
- Enable Custom Order Status Partially Shipped – The partially shipped status is for orders that you ship in separate packages or from different locations.
- Enable Custom Order Status Shipped – If you sell a mix of Virtual and Physical goods, you can keep the “Completed” order status and use it for virtual orders and use the custom order status “Shipped” for orders that you ship. This shipped status is only available only if you choose not to rename the Completed to Shipped.
Please Note: If you choose to rename the Completed order status to Shipped, you will not be able to enable the Custom Shipped Status so you will not have two Shipped order Statuses.
Custom Order Status Options
- Edit the Background Color
- Edit the Font Color
- Enable Email Notifications
- Customize the email notifications
- Enable & customize the SMS Notifications (requires SMS for WooCommerce)
- Order statuses to display – select the order statuses that you want to include in the unfulfilled orders dashboard.