The CSV import tool allows you to bulk import tracking information to orders from a CSV file.
To use the CSV import tool, navigate to: WooCommerce > Shipment Tracking > CSV import
Preparing the CSV file
The CSV file contains 5 columns, you must use the same column headers names and include all columns:
- order_id – WooCommerce order id
- tracking_provider – Shipment Provider – the provider names must match the name in the shipping providers settings.
- tracking_number – Tracking code / number
- date_shipped (Optional) Shipping date – Date format DD/MM/YYYY – if not added, we set the upload date.
- status_shipped (0=no,1=shipped,2=partial shipped(if partial shipped order status is enabled)) (Optional) Change order status to “Shipped” (completed) or “Partial Shipped” – if this field in null, we will treat it as 0.
We recommend using the following CSV editors:
- Online spreadsheet editor Google Drive / Docs
- Free spreadsheet app in OpenOffice
- Free Calc app in LibreOffice
If possible, avoid Excel since it adds formatting and character encoding to the CSV files and that can cause issues on the import.
You can download a sample CSV file for example of the correct formatting:Download the CSV FIle
Uploading the CSV file
Import CSV file from computer (browse button)
Replace tracking info if exists? (checkbox – optional) please note! If checked, we will delete all other tracking records from this order and replace them with the new tracking info, (if not checked, the tracking info will be added)
You can choose Date Format for CSV import
Bulk Upload with the Tracking per item add-on
Bulk Upload and Custom Order Numbers
Some plugins do not use the WooCommerce order_id (post id) and use custom fields instead for the order numbers. we added compatibility and you can use the custom order numbers in the CSV file in the order_id column for the following WooCommerce custom order numbers plugins:
If this plugin is activated and from WooCommerce settings options is enabled for WooCommerce Custom Order Numbers than you can use custom order number in bulk import instead of default order id.
If this plugin is activated than you can use custom order number generated by this plugin in bulk import instead of default order id.
If this plugin is activated and Use Amazon Order Number is set as Yes in Amazon settings than you can use custom order number generated by this plugin in bulk import instead of default order id.