On the edit/view order admin screen, you will see a new Shipment Tracking panel for shipment information:
To add shipment information for the customer to be able to track orders:
- Choose a provider – this should be the shipping company you use. If your provider is not listed, You can add Custom Providers in the plugin settings.
- Tracking number – add the tracking number that the provider assigned. If you chose the custom option, you need to enter the full link to the company’s tracking page (if applicable).
- Choose shipping date (optional) – which is when the package was shipped.
- Test the preview link to see if it works as you expect. (optional)
- Save tracking – Tracking info will be saved into the order, this will not effect the order status.
- Add additional tracking numbers by clicking Add Tracking Number. (optional)
Now, you are ready to change the order status to Complete (shipped). Marking the order as Shipped will send the Shipped (Completed) Order email to the customer with the tracking info.
Adding Tracking information to orders inline from orders admin page:
Tracking info display to customers
the shipment tracking information will be sent to customers in the order Completed (Shipped) emails and will also display in WooCommerce my account under the orders tab. The tracking link directs to the a tracking page on the shipping providers website.
Can guests also view their shipment tracking info on my website?
if you use the WooCommerce order status shortcode [woocommerce_order_
The shipment tracking will display on the top of the order status page: