The Customer Email Verification extends WooCommerce store owners to reduce registration and orders spam by requiring customers to verify their email address when they register an account or before they can checkout on your store.
Customer Registration Email Verification
- Customer registers to an account on your WooCommerce store (my-account)
- Customer account is created and the user account is flagged as Unverified Email.
- A verification code and link are sent to the new account email address.
- The customer will need to enter the verification code or to click on the verification link from the email to be able and login to his account.
- After the customers verify their email address, their account will be flagged as Verified Email and they will be redirected to their account
Note: the email Customer Registration will not work when customers register account during Checkout.
You can decide if you want to let your customers login to their accounts after registration before they verify the email address or to require them to verify their email address before they can use their account.
if the customers did not verify their email address, they will not be able to login to their account and will be directed to a verification page to enter the code that they received in the verification email. at this point they would be able to resend the verification email.
Note: The plugin will not send the verification email to these customers. customers who register with social accounts plugin or if the customer registers during checkout.