The Country Based Restriction plugin (CBR) use the WooCommerce Geolocation to restrict products on WooCommerce store to sell only to specific shipping countries.
How It Works
Shipping Country Detection:
The plugin determines the visitors Shipping Country by the following:
- Checks if the visitor is a logged-in user with an account on your store, the Shipping Country is taken from the customer account Shipping Address.
- If the shipping country does not exist for the customer or that it’s a guest customer, the plugin will detect the customer country by the WooCommerce GeoLocation (customer IP)
Note: you can force the plugin to only detect the country only by the WooCommerce GeoLocation.
Select visibility option for the restricted products
There are 3 visibility options that will determine how the restricted products display on your store:
- Completely hide the restricted products from your store
- Hide from Catalog, this will hide the restricted products from the store catalog but will keep them accessible via direct link.
- Catalog Visible – keep restricted products visible on the catalog but non purchasable.