Please note: The Advanced shipment tracking Pro requires you to have the free AST plugin installed. From version 1.1 of the Pro version, you will not be required to install the both the free and the Pro version.
To install the Advanced Shipment Tracking (AST) Pro ,first download the plugin .zip file from your account page. (Download links in your email receipt will not work after 24 hours)
- Download the purchased zip file
- Login to the WordPress admin dashboard and go to Plugins => Add New
- At the top of the screen click on ‘Upload Plugin’ and select the downloaded zip file.
- Click ‘Install Now’
- Once installation is complete, click ‘Activate Plugin’.
- After installation, you can find the plugin settings (WooCommerce > Shipment Tracking)
- Activate your license key to get automatic updates (WooCommerce > Shipment Tracking > License)
How to Activate the AST PRO License?
AST Pro is a plugin that extends the free Advanced Shipment Tracking (AST) and adds more features and integrations. You can find your license in the order email or in your zorem account under Subscriptions. To activate the license, from WordPress Dashboard navigate to WooCommerce > Shipment Tracking > License, add your license key and click activate.
The Advanced Shipment Tracking plugin settings can be found on your WordPress admin under:
WooCommerce > Shipment Tracking
- Default Mark as Shipped – choose this option to set the “mark as shipped” option checked by default when you add tracking to orders.
- Display tracking information on order emails – choose on which order status email you would like to display the tracking information. We will also detect Custom Orders Statuses that are set on the store.
- Display Add Tracking icon in the Order Actions menu – choose on which Order status to display Add Tracking icon in the Order Actions menu.
- Display Track Button on Orders History – This option will display the Track action button on the WooCommerce account area on the orders history list endpoint.
- Open the tracking link in a new tab – You can set the button link to track the shipments on the shipping provider website to open in a new tab (target_blank). In case that you added multiple tracking numbers to the order, the tracking link will direct the customers to the View Order Page.
- API Date Format – choose the date format that you use when updating the shipment tracking API endpoint from external sources.
- Enable Unfulfilled Filter on orders admin – this will display Unfulfilled Filter in the orders admin, you can use it to filter all the order which are not Shipped.
- Enable Shipping Providers Auto-detection (Beta) – this will allow to auto-detect the shipping providers when adding the tracking numbers to orders.
- Enable Legacy add tracking panel when editing orders – this will disable the Lightbox add tracking model and will enable the standard add tracking panel in the edit order admin.
Custom Order Statuses
WooCommerce Orders flow provides just a basic fulfilment workflow, once order is paid it gets the Processing status and when you ship the order, you change the status to Completed and the order email is sent to the customer. Te definition of the Completed order status by WooCommerce is that the order is fulfilled and no further action is required.
AST PRO allows you create custom order statuses to organize the WooCommerce orders flow and to automate the fulfillment workflow.
AST PRO Fulfillment Workflow:
To setup the custom order statuses, on your WordPress admin, go to WooCommerce > Shipment Tracking > Settings > Order Statuses tab:
Rename the “Completed” Order status to “Shipped” – The Completed order Status in WooCommerce means that the order is fulfilled and no further action is required. But if you ship your orders, this order status means that the order is shipped and AST allows you can rename the Completed order status to Shipped.
Enable Custom Order Status Partially Shipped – The partially shipped status is for orders that you ship in separate packages or from different locations.
Enable Custom Order Status Shipped – If you sell a mix of Virtual and Physical goods, you can keep the “Completed” order status and use it for virtual orders and use the custom order status “Shipped” for orders that you ship. This shipped status is only available only if you choose not to rename the Completed to Shipped.
Please note – the rename to Shipped option will change the order status label only for display purposes in your store admin, we do not change the order status slug and its compatible with any other plugin or custom code that use the Completed order status.
Custom Order Status Options
- Edit the Background Color
- Edit the Font Color
- Enable Email Notifications
- Customize the email notifications
- Enable & customize the SMS Notifications (requires SMSWOO)
Tracking Per Item
To set up the tracking per item options, go to WooCommerce > Shipment Tracking > Settings > Tracking Per Item
Enable the Tracking Per Item option by default – This will check the option to add tracking per item when adding tracking info to orders.
Display SKU for the Tracking Per Item – This will display SKU in tracking per item product list.
Display the line items info on order details – display the tracking per item for each item when editing the orders
AutoComplete Tracking Per Item orders – choose this option to automatically change the order status to Shipped when updating shipment tracking from the API or importing from CSV files.
If you use the API to import the tracking information from external services such as warehouse, shipping service or drop-shipping, you can check the Autocomplete option in the AST PRO settings. When you update the API or upload the CSV, you can use the Partially Shipped status.
The Partial Shipped email will be sent to your customers when the item is shipped and once all the order items have been shipped, we will automatically set the order status to Completed (Shipped) and skip the Shipped (Completed) order status email.